Skip to main content

Poetry: Who We Are


WHO WE ARE [Nuesa]

Welcome to the world of Engineering

Where we take a ride
Putting aside our pride
With no hard feelings inside
Even though the field is wide
We try not to hide
The rules we abide
Pulling through wild tides
  That's who we are!

Have you ever wondered

Who are these fellows
Who tries to be heroes
Though not free from sorrows
Even when tired down to the marrows
Even when the trumpet blows
Never for once drop their arrows
Till the day being laid below
Still struggles to pull through
  That's who we are!

Hear me out my dear brethrens

Never forget their names
They're the ones with the brains
And through out all their days
They barely have time to play
For fear they may led astray
Don't judge if they keep away
Blame us not for choosing these ways
  That's who we are!

But wait, who are we really?

We're humans just like you
Wedded to our career we say 'i do'
though our chances are few
And we're standing on a long queue
We still hold on to the truth
Our legacy, to our hearts are glued
Till then we wait for the dews
That will satisfy us till our hearts are filled
  That's really who we are!

©Happiness Henry, 2019

PS: Dedicated to all Engineering students!

Written by Happiness Henry
200 Level l Undergraduate of Agricultural and Environmental  Engineering
Akwa Ibom State University 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry: Whispers In The Night

WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT I called him my world for he brought me joy He promised me love, he promised me gold His words I trusted until the truth unfold Those days of laughter are long forgotten For a mother to be i've now begotten My hearts remains pained, I wonder what he gained I still remember clearly how he held me dearly Then with lust in his eyes he made me cry He overpowered me and had his way, it all happened in the early hours of the day So I say trust who you know, but you don't know a soul except the one you own For the pains you caused, you shall forever be cursed You made my mornings to turn into mournings I'll soon be a mother, these thoughts makes me want to murder A father you'll never be and from your heart laughter shall cease As long as you live, you shall yearn for peace ©Happiness Henry, 2019

Poetry: Prison Break